studio blog

Thursday, May 7, 2009


I was about to run out the door with Chris today when I realized the light was hitting my cup to where the handle's shadow made a heart (aw, haha). 

On the way to school, I decided to stop in Third Ward to take some photos of this quirky "field of vision." It's a small field that is filled with large, stone eyes -- eyes on pedestals, eyes on the ground, eyes on benches. It's something to see, and though I've driven past it a million times, I decided that today was the day I'd finally pull over and photograph it. The sun was reflecting off of a metal roof in the background, and the photos would have been pretty cool. Also in the field is a tree with a few shopping carts suspended from its branches. Why haven't I stopped before, you ask? Third Ward is the ghetto. But today, I was feeling brave. I sat in my truck, changing the lens on my camera, when I noticed three shirtless men running past me, one of them holding a purse. Another shady character wearing no shoes started walking towards my truck. No photos today. Maybe someday I'll get the shots. It's really a shame that one can't get out of their car in this historic neighborhood without being accosted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment